Header Image


  • chevron_rightHow much are the HOA dues?
    The monthly assessments (dues) range from $2,113 to $3,107 depending on the unit type. 
  • chevron_rightCan I pay my dues online?
    Yes, Ponderosa Management, LLC is pleased to offer several online payment options through First Citizen Bank including recurring monthly draft and one-time payment options. 

    To have your Association dues drafted from your account on a monthly basis or to set up a one-time payment, please follow the following steps:

    Step 2. You will need to create an account if you would like to make an automatic reoccurring payment or click
    the pay now button for a one‐time payment option.

    Step 3. Below are the ID numbers that you will need to make a payment:
    Management Co ID: 4534 = Ponderosa Management
    Community ID: 3730 = Vista Del Mar Community Association
    Account ID: See top of coupon (5 digit number)
    Your checking account routing and account numbers, or debit or credit card details and address
    Personal Information: Name and Property Address
    If you have any issues or need assistance, please call CIT Bank Customer Service:
  • chevron_rightWhat's included in the HOA dues?
    The Association's budget is located under the tab "Financials".  The budget includes trash removal, basic cable, internet, entrance gate, secured buildings, lawn maintenance, pool maintenance, exercise room maintenance, association insurance (owner is responsible for acquiring insurance for the interior of their unit),  general maintenance, common area electricity, water & Sewer, On-site Association Management, on-site maintenance staff for the common areas, use of the Ocean Club and reserve funding. 
    • Cable, the channel lineup can be viewed here.
    • Internet
    • Water & Sewer
    • Trash Removal
    • Recycling
    • Fuel for Fireplaces and Stoves
    • Pool & Spa Maintenance 
    • On-site Management (Association)
    • On-Site Maintenance (common areas only) 
    • Financial Services 
    • Fire Safety 
    • Landscaping 
    • Building and Grounds Maintenance and Repairs 
    • Security 
    • Pest Control (common areas only) 
    • Common Utilities 
    • Funding Reserves 
    • Insurance 
    • Legal Services
    • Access to the Grande Dunes Ocean Club, you can visit their website at https://grandedunes.com/the-ocean-club/
Governing Documents
  • chevron_rightWhat are rules and regulations?
    Although general rules and regulations may be contained within the CC&Rs, the Association typically also adopts separate (usually more lengthy and specific) “rules and regulations.” The Association likely has wide discretion to adopt rules and regulations (provided they do not violate any state or federal law and do not conflict with the terms of the CC&Rs).
    Rules and regulations can cover anything from prohibiting broken cars and trash in yards to regulating the height of fences to limiting the number of swimmers in the pool. Because the purpose of the Association is to do what’s best for the common good and value of the development regardless of whether all individual owners agree, the rules and regulations are often the most controversial documents in a development, and the cause of many disputes.
    Because the rules and regulations can affect how the property in the development is used, a potential buyer should study them and determine whether they can live with them before making a purchase. For example, you might have second thoughts about purchasing in the development if you find out that you’d have to get rid of your golden retriever, because owners are not allowed to have dogs over ten pounds. Current owners should also be familiar with the rules and regulations and keep up with any changes.
  • chevron_rightWhat are the Articles of Incorporation?
    Before any property in a condominium or planned development is sold, the developer forms a Condominium or Homeowners' Association to run it. Each purchaser of property in the development automatically becomes a member of the Association.
    The Association is typically created by filing Articles of Incorporation (“Articles”) for a nonprofit organization with the secretary of state where the development is located (although some states allow unincorporated associations).
    The articles are usually brief and contain only the basic information about the Association, its name, location, and its purpose. There is ordinarily no need for a buyer or owner to review the Articles.
  • chevron_rightWhat's an amendment?
    Most CC&Rs contain procedures for amendments. In many Associations, the CC&Rs may already have a number of amendments revising the original terms. Vista del Mar currently has four (4) amendments to the governing documents
  • chevron_rightWhat's in the Master Deed?
    The CC&Rs are the “big Kahuna” of the governing documents. They contain the most comprehensive and probably the most important information about the development and its operation. If there is anything in another governing document that conflicts with a provision of the CC&Rs, the CC&Rs win (and the conflicting provisions are considered invalid).
    The Declaration of CC&Rs is typically a lengthy document, setting up the general structure of the development and describing what land is subject to the governing documents, as well as what parts of the development are common areas owned by the Association.
    The CC&Rs also contain restrictions on the use of each owner’s property as well as of the common areas. They specify the Association’s authority and obligations and define the rights and responsibilities of Association members (owners). Every owner must abide by all the rules, restrictions, terms, and conditions found in the CC&Rs.
    By reviewing the CC&Rs, an owner or potential purchaser can learn about the general restrictions on the use of the property in the development, and about the rights and responsibilities of owners. For example, a review of the CC&Rs may reveal that owners may not have visible satellite dishes or antennas, or that all owners must mow their lawns once a week.
    Most CC&Rs also contain procedures for amendments. If the development is older, the CC&Rs may already have a number of amendments revising the original terms.
    Most state laws require recording the CC&Rs in the real property records in the county where the development is located. A copy must ordinarily be provided to a buyer prior to making a purchase. If you are an owner or potential buyer and don’t already have a copy of the CC&Rs, get one, and familiarize yourself with its terms.
  • chevron_rightWhat’s in the Bylaws of the Association 
    Once formed, the Association typically adopts a set of bylaws. Bylaws are important: They describe how the Association is run, set out voting rights and procedures, and contain rules for such things as how to call a meeting and how often meetings must be held. 
    The bylaws may also describe the Association’s rights and responsibilities. For example, the Association is typically responsible to enforce the rules and regulations and to collect assessments. The bylaws may also lay out procedures for creating the annual budget and determining assessment amounts.
    Associations are generally run by a board of directors (a “Board”) made up of a certain number of members (owners) elected by the membership at large (all the owners) during periodic elections. The bylaws typically set forth the length of the terms for the Board members and the procedures for elections. If, for example, there’s someone you wish would leave the Board -- perhaps so that you can assume a seat there -- you’ll want to know about the term limits!
    It is helpful for an owner or potential buyer to review the bylaws to understand how the Association functions and to be familiar with the powers of, and the restrictions on the Association. You may be surprised to find out, for example that the Association can hold closed meetings or remove a Board member without notifying the owners.
  • chevron_rightAre Unit Owners responsible for insurance?
    Unit Owners Responsibility

    • Obtaining Condominium Unit Owners Insurance (HO-6).
    • In case of a loss, immediate notification to Ponderosa Management and prompt action to protect the property from further loss
    • Cooperation with the association insurance company to assist in settling any claim.
  • chevron_rightWhat should my personal (HO-6) insurance policy cover?
    As a unit owner, your condo unit owner’s insurance policy (referred to as an HO-6) should provide coverage for:
    • Your personal property
    • Improvements, betterments, and fixtures not installed by the developer and added later as an upgrade.
    • Sewer backup coverage.
    • Flood, earthquake and wind-driven rain coverage for your contents
    • Liability coverage for your personal liability resulting in bodily injury or property damage within your unit. If your unit is rented to others, ensure your liability policy includes coverage for this exposure.
    • Loss Assessment coverage ($100,000 minimum limit)
  • chevron_rightWhat's covered under the Associations insurance policy?
    Per the master deed for Vista Del Mar, property covered under the association insurance policy includes:
    • Buildings and pool
    • Structures
    • Partitioning
    • Drywall
    • Trim
    • Original Improvements & Betterments in all units added by the developer, such as:
    • Fixtures
    • Shelving
    • Wall & Floor Coverings
    • Attached Appliances
    • Please note that ordinary wear & tear is not a covered insurance peril. Coverage is provided for causes of loss defined in the insurance policy, such as fire loss, water damage, etc.
    • Liability insurance for the common areas.
  • chevron_rightWho do I contact for insurance related questions?
    If you need evidence of coverage, please contact McGriff Insurance at: 
    Cammie Keller
    (O): (843)286-4019          
    Email: Ckeller@mcgriff.com              
  • chevron_rightDoes the Association carry insurance?
    Yes,  the Association carries property and liability coverage. The Association's insurance will restore the building to its original builder state, less any upgrades/improvements. 
  • chevron_rightDo I need to carry insurance?
    Yes, each owner needs to carry H06 insurance for the interior of the unit please review the specifics insurance details as prepared by the Association Insurance Agent, Scott, MacEachen with Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. Vista del Mar Insurance Requirements
  • chevron_rightWhat is an HO6 Insurance Policy?
    HO-6 is home insurance for owners of co-ops or condominiums. It provides personal property coverage, liability coverage and specific coverage of improvements to the owner's unit. Typically the owner's condo or co-op association provides insurance that covers the outside of the dwelling (structure). 
    Condo insurance is important to have though since your association's policy will not cover your belongings or provide you with personal liability coverage if someone is harmed inside of your residence.
    An HO-6 policy will cover interior damage to your unit, improvements, additions and alterations you've made and your personal property. Additional living expenses, if your residence is not able to be lived in due to a covered peril, is usually also included. The condo association's policy typically covers the outside building structure and commons areas, such as hallways.
    HO-6 insurance is designed to coordinate coverage with your condominium or cooperative's master policy.
    Consider extra coverage, for valuables, such as jewelry, fine art or fancy computer equipment. Depending on where you live, you might also need additional coverage for earthquakes, flooding or windstorms. Discuss with your insurance agent or insurance company your needs to make sure you purchase the right amount of coverage.
Maintenance & Management
  • chevron_rightWhat is the responsibility of management?
    Since HOAs are governed by Boards that consist of community members that perform their duties on a volunteer basis, many HOAs turn to a professional third-party management firm to help cover their large scope of responsibilities. In a broad sense, management is responsible for: 
    • Guide and consult with the board of directors to fulfill their duties
    • Execute the decisions, directives, and policies approved by the board of directors
    • Document transactions accounting and otherwise, activities, and records of the association
    The Board is in charge of decision making and the HOA managers fulfill dues collection, maintenance, vendor payment, and serve as the primary homeowner point of contact. The specific responsibilities of a community manager can be broken down into four sections:
    Administrative Services
    • Schedule and attend board meetings
    • Provide monthly management reports
    • Uniformly enforce the rules and regulations of the community
    • Guide the board through preparing an annual budget
    • Respond to homeowner inquiries in a timely manner
    Accounts Receivable Management
    • Billing
    • Reporting delinquent accounts and updates to the board
    • Sending Delinquent notices at the board’s direction
    • Initiating legal action for collection of funds according to the board’s directives and policies
    • Working with the association’s attorney when coordinating legal action
    Site Management
    • Check on maintenance issues
    • Inspect for rule violations
    • Coordination of various Board-approved actions
    • Ensure that lawn care, pool cleaning, and other vendor tasks are completed based on the contracted specifications.
    Accounting Services
    • Manage bank accounts for the community
    • Accurately estimate maintenance costs
    • Review monthly billing for community dues and assessments
    • Provide detailed record-keeping on all accounts payable and accounts receivable
    • Create monthly financial statements in a timely manner
    • Provide guidance for long-term funding for the community and Board
  • chevron_rightAre recreational activities permitted in the parking areas?
    No, there is NO skateboarding, scooter riding, bicycle riding, roller blading, roller skating, hover board riding or any other mode of transportation other than vehicles and motorcycles allowed on any of our parking area, road ways, sidewalks or any landscaped areas. 
  • chevron_rightCan I park in front of the buildings?
    The circular drives in front of both buildings are fire lanes and should be treated as such. If the circular drives are used for pick up or drop off of residents or guests, the vehicle driver must remain in the vehicle with the keys.  In the event of an emergency, it will be necessary for the vehicle to be moved immediately.   Unoccupied vehicle parking is not allowed at any time in the circular drives in front of either of the buildings.
  • chevron_rightCan I park my boat at the property?
    No boats or watercrafts of any kind are permitted on the property. 
  • chevron_rightCan I park my trailer at the property?
    Trailers are not permitted on the property. If you are moving in or out of the unit please contact the Association Manager for further instruction. 
  • chevron_rightCan I wash my car at the property?
    Washing vehicles is not permitted at the property. 
  • chevron_rightIs parking assigned?
    Yes, Garage spaces are for Owners and lessees only. Owners and lessees must park in the space designated for their unit unless they obtain prior permission from another Owner and provide that information to Management. Guests and vendors must park in spaces guest spaces in the outdoor parking lot.
  • chevron_rightWhere can guests and visitors park?
    Guests and visitors may utilize the parking spaces in the exterior parking lot unless permission has been provided to them by a unit Owner to park in their assigned spot. 
Pool & Spa
  • chevron_rightCan I move the pool furniture?
    The pool furniture must not be moved to other locations or moved onto the beach. This furniture is not available for loan to Unit Owners, lessees or guests for use in their Units or on balconies or terraces.
  • chevron_rightWhat are the swimming pool rules?
    • The swimming pool facility for Vista Del Mar is limited to Unit Owners, houseguests, lessees, and accompanied guests of Vista Del Mar only.
    • All bathers must be dressed in proper swim attire. Cut-off jeans are not allowed, as unraveling fringe can damage the filtration equipment.
    • Diving is not allowed in any swimming pool at any time.
    • Smoking is NOT allowed in/at the swimming pool or in the designated or fenced area known as the pool area.
    • Lower and tie umbrellas after use and replace lounge chairs to their orderly, aligned location after use. Serious injury and property damage can occur when umbrellas are not properly secured. Vista del Mar does not have staff to monitor the umbrellas are lowered and tied after 5pm (or as schedule is modified as deemed appropriate).
    • Bottles, glasses, or glass objects are not permitted in the fenced swimming pool area at any time per DHEC regulations. If a Unit Owner, lessee or guest brings bottles, glasses, or glass objects to the swimming pool and causes the pool to have to be closed or drained, then the offending Unit Owner, whether it be the Unit Owner, his/her lessee or his/her guests, shall bear the entire cost of draining, cleaning and refilling the swimming pool.
    • All children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult during the child's entire stay in the pool area. Diapered children are not allowed in the swimming pool at any time. This restriction does not apply to children with "swim" diapers properly applied.
    • Running and excessive noise in the pool deck areas will not be permitted at any time. This conduct is dangerous and annoying to others.
    • Pets are not allowed in the swimming pool or fenced swimming pool area at any time. (DHEC Regulation)
    • Pool areas should be kept clean and attractive. All litter must be disposed of in appropriate refuse containers.
    • All Unit Owners, lessees and guests use the swimming pools at their OWN RISK. NO LIFE GUARDS ON DUTY!!  Vista Del Mar does not assume any liability for personal injury or responsibility for the loss of personal property belonging to Unit Owners, lessees or guests.
    • The maintenance staff may temporarily close the pool and pool area during periods of thunder and lightning.
    • The pool is thoroughly cleaned by the maintenance staff. During such cleaning, the pool and pool areas will be closed. Every attempt will be made to perform this cleaning service during the early morning hours so as not to interfere with normal use.
    • The pool is open from dusk to dawn. Nighttime swimming is not allowed. Your pool is not DHEC rated for nighttime swimming.
Property Access
  • chevron_rightHow can I obtain a barcode for my vehicle?
    Barcodes are supplied by the Association Manager. Please download the Barcode Request Form from the Request portion of the website email the completed form to krenda@pm-llc.com. 
  • chevron_rightHow can I provide access to my visitors, guests and vendors?
    Visitors may use the directory box at the visitors gate to be provided access to the community. 
    • Visitor scrolls through directory and stops when they find residents name. 
    • Visitors presses the "call" button. 
    • Resident answers call from gate to verify visitors and "Press 9"  from their phone to remotely open the gate. 
  • chevron_rightHow do I access the Resident gate?
    Owners and Residents can obtain a barcode from Management to place on their vehicle. Upon entry to the residents gate the barcode reader will scan the side of your vehicle and open the gates granting access.
  • chevron_rightI didn't receive a mailbox key at closing, how do I obtain one?
    If you didn't receive a mailbox key at closing, the local post office or a locksmith can change the locks on your mailbox.  You will need to visit the nearest USPS location, for Vista del Mar the nearest Post Office is located at 820 67th Ave N. Myrtle Beach, SC 29572. USPS will require you to fill out a Lock Change Form, provide proof of Ownership (tax bill, closing disclosure, etc.) and pay $30 for the service. Alternatively, you can contact a locksmith to change your locks. 
  • chevron_rightIs the community gated?
    Yes, Vista del Mar is a gated community with access from the beach and public streets allowed only by Residents or guests of residents. 
  • chevron_rightWhat's the address to the property?
    There are two buildings located in Vista del Mar. 
    Portofino Building
    130 Vista del Mar Ln. Myrtle Beach, SC 29572
    Barcelona Building
    122 Vista del Mar Ln. Myrtle Beach, SC 29572
Rentals & Leases
  • chevron_rightAre short term rentals allowed at Vista del Mar?
    Short term rentals are not permitted. 
    No short term rentals are allowed; units may not be used for transient, "hotel type" purposes. This restriction includes any short-term use that constitutes an "in-kind" rental arrangement whereby use of the Unit is provided principally in exchange for commercial benefit to the Owner.  For example, short-term use arrangements where the principal purpose is to provide employee benefits or customer appreciation are "in­ kind" rental arrangements that would violate the intent and spirit of this important Master Deed restriction. The purpose of this restriction is to preserve the character of Vista Del Mar as a residential property comprised of primary or secondary residences for owners (or occasional long-term lessees). Continual short-term use arrangements are inconsistent with this purpose in that they create a "revolving door" flow of occupants who do not share resident's long-term commitment to the property and therefore, negatively affect resident's quality of life.  
  • chevron_rightDoes the Association require a lease to be on file for a rental?
    Leases are required. All leases must be supplied to the Community Manager prior to occupancy. 
  • chevron_rightWhat's the minimum lease term allowed?
    Units may be leased for periods of not less than one year provided the Board has approved the lease form and the restrictions listed below are followed.
    Unit Owners who lease their Unit must provide written notice to Vista Del Mar, through the Association Manager, indicating the name and contact information of their leasing agent, if any. Unit Owners must secure approval from the Board of the proposed lease form. The Board strongly encourages Owners who lease their unit to utilize the leasing form included within the forms section of this document. Further, the Association strongly encourages Owners to perform background checks for tenants leasing their unit. The Association Manager must have a key to each Unit at all times to permit access in emergencies.
    Leases for six (6} months may be permitted if approved by the Board due to special circumstances. Master Deed §10.4
    All Vista Del Mar residential Units are limited to residential use purposes; commercial use of any kind is prohibited. Use of a Unit as a combined residence and executive or professional office by the Unit Owner is not considered commercial use. Master Deed § 10.1.
  • chevron_rightAre fireworks allowed?
    No,  Vista Del Mar COA strictly forbids the discharge of fireworks on Vista del Mar property.
    Residents and guests discharging fireworks will be required to vacate the premises. Unit Owners who violate the regulations are subject to fines.
  • chevron_rightAre pets allowed?
    Pets are allowed at Vista del Mar but must be registered with management. Please click the below link for the full policy and registration form. 
  • chevron_rightAre specific breeds of pets prohibitied?
    Yes, dogs noted for viciousness or ill temper are not permitted
    Prohibited Breeds:
    • Pit Bulls
    • Rottweiler
    • Mastiff
    • German Shepard
    • Cross breeds of the above
  • chevron_rightAre there moving requirements?
    Please fill out the Move In/Out Form by going to requests > move in/out form.
    If an Owner, lessee or guest is moving in or out of Vista Del Mar, two (2) weeks written notice (see Appendix for form) to the Association Manager is required. Give the completed Move In-out Move Information form (see Appendix for copy) to the Association Management Company prior to the date scheduled for the move which will provide written notice of the intention to move in or out.  Upon giving the Association Manager written notice of the intention to move in or out of Vista Del Mar the moving party will pay to the COA a moving fee of $200.00 and complete the Move In/Move Out Information form
    A Certificate of Insurance must be provided which names Vista del Mar Condominium Association and the Association Management Company as additional insured. If the move does not involve professional movers, the moving party will pay a damage deposit of $500.00 to the COA. The elevators and common areas will be inspected prior to the move and after the move has been completed.
    All moves must be scheduled between the hours of 9-5 Monday through Friday and will not commence until elevators are padded.
    Elevators used to facilitate the move must be protected and only a designated elevator may be used. Moving vans and other vehicles must be parked as directed by the Association Manager the Unit Owner will be held responsible for any and all damage resulting from the move.
    All debris from the move shall be cleaned up properly. All cardboard boxes and packing materials must be broken down and brought to the appropriate trash room.
    The first priority of our staff will be to protect and secure our property during moves.  Therefore, if unscheduled movers arrive at Vista del Mar, they will be denied until all of the appropriate arrangements concerning supervision, protecting the property and proof of insurance are in place, and all fees are paid.
    This fee will be charged for each occurrence and will be assessed directly to your account ledger and will be due within 30 days and in the same manner as your regular assessment. Any outstanding fees will be assessed late fees and could be subject to the Associations collection procedures if not paid promptly.
    This policy was put in place help offset the costs associated with staffing the property to ensure that elevators can be padded and make repairs to damage in the hallways and doors in the buildings caused by careless moving activity.
  • chevron_rightAre there noise restrictions?
    No use or practice shall be allowed which is an unreasonable source of annoyance to the Owners and residents of the Condominium, or which unreasonably interferes with the peaceful possession or proper use of the Condominium by others.  Owners and their guests will be expected to reduce noise levels during the hours of 10:00 PM to 8:00 AM, so that neighbors are not disturbed. At no time are musical instruments, radios, tape-decks, phonographs, televisions, cell phone conversations on the balconies or other sound producing sources to be so loud as to become a nuisance.
    Noise from television, stereo equipment, musical instruments and gatherings should be kept to a minimum at all times, especially between 10:00 P.M. and 8:00 A.M.  Drunk and/or disorderly conduct will not be tolerated within Vista Del Mar at any time. Such behavior may result in local law enforcement being authorized to remove the offending party from the property. 
  • chevron_rightCan I feed stray animals?
    Feeding stray animals within the Community is strictly prohibited.
  • chevron_rightDoes my dog need to be on a leash when in common areas?
    Yes, all pets must be leashed when in common areas. Pets must be on a leash not more than six (6) feet long or carried when in common areas.
  • chevron_rightHow do I dispose of trash?
    Cans, bottles, newspapers, magazines and other waste that the kitchen garbage disposal cannot handle should be securely tied in plastic disposal bags and placed in the trash chute. Objects that cannot fit into the trash chute should be left in the trash room. Recycling bins have been provided and are located in the trash room. Recycling is encouraged.
    Trash receptacles have been provided throughout the Vista Del Mar property. Please utilize these receptacles when appropriate. Please note, however, that these receptacles are not intended for household (kitchen) garbage.
  • chevron_rightIs soliciting allowed?
    Soliciting is not permitted.  No person, including any Owner, shall enter or go through the Condominium for the purpose of canvassing the residents, or for the purpose of vending, peddling or soliciting orders for any merchandise, book, periodical, or circular of any kind or nature whatsoever; or for the purpose of soliciting donations or contributions. 
  • chevron_rightWhat restrictions are in place for children?
    Unit Owners are responsible for the conduct of their children, their lessee's children, and their guests' children at all times. Any damage caused by a child to the common property of either Vista Del Mar or the personal property of other residents will be the responsibility of the Unit Owner responsible for the child causing damage.
    Young children must not be allowed to operate the elevators or to ride in them alone at any time. Children under the age of twelve (12) must be accompanied at all times by a responsible adult when outside of their Unit.
    Special care should be taken when allowing children to play in the Common Areas, especially the sidewalks and streets. These areas are thoroughfares.
    Riding bicycles, skateboards, roller skates, and shoes with wheels is limited to the paved roadways in Vista Del Mar.
    No bicycles, tricycles or other toys are to be left on the Common Areas, pool areas or in the vehicle parking spaces, temporarily or overnight, except that bicycles may be left in the bicycle storage racks.
  • chevron_rightWhat's the speed limit on the Association owned roads?
    The speed limit is 15 MPH. Please drive safely through the community as many residents are walking their dogs.
  • chevron_rightDoes Vista del Mar have a recycling program?
    Vitsa del Mar has several 96 gallon containers in each building trash room for recyclables. You may view the items permitted in the containers here.
  • chevron_rightWho are the utility providers?
    Utilities Included in Assessment
    • Water City of Myrtle Beach (843) 918-1212
    • Fuel Dominion Energy (800) 751-7234
    • Cable  Horry Telephone Cooperative (HTC) (843) 369-7399
    • Internet Horry Telephone Cooperative (HTC) (843) 369-7399
    • Trash Removal Waste Industries (843) 397-5586
    • Recycling (cardboard only) Waste Industries (843) 397-5586
    Utilities NOT Included in Assessment
    • Electric Santee Cooper (843) 448-2411
    • Telephone Horry Telephone (843) 369-7399